OANP Board Nominations Are Open!
Friday, July 19, 2019
Posted by: Carrie Baldwin-Sayre | OANP President
It's that time of year again! Board Nominations are open. The following seats are up for election this year:
(1) Board President - 2 year term
(1) Vice President- 2 year term
(2) At-Large Director(s) - 2 year term
(1) Student Representative - 1 year term
Directors of the Board serve for a period of two years, with the exception of the Student Representative, serving 1 term. All terms commence on January 1, 2020. Several board members are running for re-election, but members can be nominated for any position.
The Board Development Committee has identified the following skill and demographic needs on the Board, and we encourage candidates to apply who believe they might enhance the Board in these ways:
- Experienced in fundraising, fiscal management, marketing, public relations/media, and website management
- In practice for more than 15 years
- Practicing in a rural community
- Practicing outside of Portland
- Must be an active voting member of the OANP, in good standing.
- Must be a Physician Member (1st - 4th+ Years), Student Member, or Physician Associate Member as defined by our by-laws. (Note that a student may be nominated by a an active regular voting member, but student members may not nominate candidates because students are not voting members).
Only one student serves as a Director on the Board, per year. The student must be a member of the OANP and must be in at least his/her third year of school at a CNME accredited college at the beginning of their board term. The Student Director position is the only board member whose term is renewable annually.
Please note that self-nominations are not permitted! If you are interested in serving on the board, you must have at least one active member submit a nomination on your behalf.
Board Job Description:
Download the OANP by-laws to see job descriptions and election rules if you are considering running for a position or would like to nominate someone.
Annual Meeting Notice & Election Timeline:
The deadline for nominations is November 1, 2019. Board members will verify eligibility and contact qualifying nominees with an invitation to submit an application.
The online election will be held from November 11, 2019 through November 17, 2019.
Voting will end at 11:00 AM on November 17, 2019 and the newly elected officers will be announced at the Annual Meeting at 12:30 PM that same day.
To submit a nomination, or questions about eligibility and/or the elections process, please email OANP President Carrie Baldwin-Sayre.